Thursday, May 29, 2014

Hiking Trails Are Not Just for People: Dogs Love Them Too



I rarely need a reason to go for a walk, other than the fact that I love to walk. When I am by myself, I usually listen to a book on CD or one that I have downloaded from the public library to my iPhone (isn’t technology wonderful?). But when I go out with our dogs for a walk, plugging up my ears with earbuds is not an option. That’s because our three rascals are so excited to go out that they all but pull my arms out of the socket. (I know that is bad training – see this post on a good article explaining how to walk your dog!)

Our dogs are pretty small breeds, so we do not have to take adventurous hikes across the countryside for them to get worn out. But if you have a large breed dog, then you might want to check out this article on “TopTen Hikes with Dogs.” Nancy Bouchard discusses some of her favorite dog-friendly hiking trails, and she has some terrific pictures to illustrate them. 

And since dogs expend a lot of energy when they walk and play outdoors, you will want to give them a naturally healthy treat when they get home. We like bully sticks in particular, as they allow our dogs to chew to their heart's content and enjoy a treat that helps clean their teeth as they chew. Check out AntlersAndChews.com for great deals on bully sticks and other terrific dog products.

Bully sticks available at
AntlersAndChews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment