Monday, June 9, 2014

Walking Side by Side with Your Dog



Did you ever hear the old saying: “Don’t walk in front of me, I may not follow; don’t walk behind me, I may not lead; just walk beside me and be my friend.” As humans this is something that we understand for the most part. But our furry four-legged friends are not as apt to agree with the concept. Obedience trainers will tell you that when walking your dog, do not let them walk in front and lead the way. That's easier said than done with energetic dogs. 

It takes as much discipline for the owner to not let his or her dog lead the way as it does for the dog to learn to walk aside the owner. Here is an article on Dog Breeder Info Center that explains in words and pictures and videos the proper way to walk your dog on a leash. I enjoyed reading it, and it makes good sense.

Later, after practicing with your dog, you can reward her with delicious, natural ChurpiChews Micro Puffs, available at AntlersAndChews.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment